Michigan City: A Resource-Rich Community
Northwest Indiana has been ranked as one of the top job creating regions in the country and is well positioned to continue such strong growth for years to come. Additionally, Indiana is consistently recognized in numerous business executive surveys and leading industry publications as one of the most business-friendly states in the nation.
- July 2015 saw revenues at the same level as the entire year of 2014
- 2014 National Association of Manufacturers ranked Indiana #1 in highest shares of manufacturing employment
- 2014 Site Selection Magazine showed Indiana is #1 in the Midwest for the best overall business climate, according to a survey of site consultants
- 2014 The Fiscal Times ranked Indiana among the Top 10 Best States for Taxes
- 2014 State Business Tax Climate Index by the Tax Foundation ranked Indiana among the top 10 states in the nation
- 2013 Site Selection Magazine Top Ten Competitive States of 2012: #2
- 2013 Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business States ranked Indiana as the best place to do business in the Midwest and the 7th best nationwide
- 2013 Chief Executive ranked Indiana the 5th best state for doing business for the second year in a row and the best place to do business in the Midwest for the third consecutive year
- 2013 Area Development Magazine names Indiana as one of the top 19 states leading the U.S. manufacturing resurgence. The magazine cites Indiana as #1 in Manufacturing Share of Non-Farm Employment, #2 in Manufacturing Share of GSP and #7 in Manufacturing Jobs Overall.
- 2012 Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business States ranked Indiana as the best place to do business in the Midwest and the 5th best nationwide. The Pollina Report also said “Rising from #23 in 2010, Indiana at #5 for 2012 has become a pro-business powerhouse and will certainly dominate the northern states if it continues to build on its success”.
- 2012 Chief Executive ranked Indiana the 5th best state for business
- 2011 Area Development Magazine States for doing business: #5
- 2011 Site Selection Magazine Top Ten Competitive States: #6
- 2011 Best states to do business (CEO Magazine) Indiana ranked #6 nationally and #1 in the Midwest
- 2011 ALEC-Laffer State Economic Competitiveness Index Indiana ranked #2 in average worker compensation cost per $100 of payroll and 3rd in the State Liability System Survey
- 2011 State Tax Environment Index by the Tax Foundation-Indiana ranked among the top 10 states in the nation
- 2011 Development Counsellors International (DCI) ranked Indiana first in the Midwest and 10th nationally in terms of best states in which to do business
- 2011 CNBC America’s Top States for Doing Business ranked Indiana 8th in cost of doing business and 10th in business friendliness
- 2010 Forbes Best States for Business Index ranks Indiana 3rd in the Midwest and 10th nationally for business costs
This is made possible due to a variety of factors, including the commitment of community leaders on the growth and vitality of our community.
Michigan City is at the heart of a region with the resources businesses need, and the sites for companies that want to build. If you’re looking for an existing building to help you get up to speed and down to business more quickly, you’ll also find that here as well.
All of our sites and buildings are supported by an abundance of natural resources and utilities — and all of them provide excellent access to the rest of the world, whether that’s via Interstate 94 or the Indiana Toll Road (Interstate 80/90), the Port of Indiana or the Norfolk & Southern Railroad and Chicago South Shore & South Bend Freight Railroad.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs and help you identify the perfect place that will allow your company to succeed.