Do not delay in submitting applications! Funds will be awarded quickly. Maximum grant amounts are $5,000 per business, based on demonstrated need. Applications are due by December 4, 2020.
Businesses eligible for a Michigan City Fighting Chance Fund must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in good standing with regard to state and local taxes, licenses and code compliance.
- Must be in good standing with the Indiana Secretary of State.
- Must have been established and operational in the City of Michigan City for at least the previous 6 months. Businesses that have expanded to a storefront from another business are eligible (e.g., an established caterer who opened a restaurant or an online retailer who opened a boutique).
- Eligible uses of funds: payroll (exclusive of owner compensation), utilities, rent, mortgage payments, insurance, or similar expenses, and products directly used in production of a product for sale.
- Preference will be given to businesses that have:
- demonstrated a commitment to the community, through support of local youth or charitable programs, good corporate citizenship, participation in community and business support organizations;
- plans to hire, train or assist individuals who lost jobs or experienced economic hardship during the COVID-19 crisis;
- have not received Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Program or through other government assistance programs;
- not received abatements or incentives from the city previously;
- made all reasonable efforts to keep employees employed during the recovery process.
- Applications are due by the close of business on December 4, 2020.
- Applications will then be reviewed by a selection committee.
- Grants recipients will be notified during the week of December 7, and payments will be disseminated no later than December 8, 2020.
- If funding allows, additional grants may be processed and awarded on an as-needed basis.
The Michigan City Fighting Chance Fund program has limited funding, therefore not all grant requests may be approved or approved at the level requested. Applications will be reviewed and kept confidential by the selection committee.
Please apply below or email your completed grant application and supporting documents to the Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org as our office is close to the public at this time.