Economic Development Corporation Michigan City, Indiana Elevator Speech
Retention and Expansion through the La Porte County Economic Development Alliance
- Over 40 companies visited
- Strategic Cluster Curriculum Development
- Collaboration with the Michigan City Area Schools & AK Smith Center
- Advanced manufacturing
- Precision machine tooling
Made In La Porte County, U.S.A.
- Approximately 400 students attended
- Over 30 manufacturers attended
Job Creation and Investment
|Year/Community||New Jobs||Investment||New Space(square feet)|
Hearthside Food Solutions, Inc. expanded its Michigan City baking facility, investing approximately $5 million, building 23,000 square feet and creating 62 jobs.
Vanair Manufacturing, Inc. built a $1 million, 30,000 square foot building expansion and purchased $300,000 of equipment, creating 20 new jobs.
Sullivan Palatek, Inc. received tax abatement for a $4.5 million expansion, creating up to 35 jobs.
Sullair invested $12.7 million in new technology and energy efficiency, creating 113 jobs and solidifying global headquarters location.